Find out about International Women’s Day with this advanced English vocabulary lesson
- English level: upper intermediate & advanced / B2 & C1
- English Skills: advanced vocabulary and advanced English reading skills
- Time: 5-10 mins
International Women’s Day is celebrated around the world on March 8 every year … but how much do you know about it?|
- How did it start?
- Which city did it start in?
- When did it become international?
- What is the main purpose of it?
Find out all this and more AND put your English to the test with our International Women’s Day advanced vocabulary challenge!
ps. quizzes work best on Chrome
Advanced vocabulary challenge 1
Read the introduction and drag the words into the gaps.
Advanced vocabulary challenge 2
Match the phrases from paragraph 2 to make complete sentences
Advanced vocabulary challenge 3
Finally, Let’s test that memory of yours! Fill in the missing words from the first few lines of the introduction
One of the best ways to learn vocabulary is to see English vocabulary in use: in a context as opposed to just an advanced English vocabulary list.
This is passive learning.
The next step is to turn that passive knowledge into active practice.
1. Select three or four words from this list
- working conditions
- the turn of (watch out! this is not the phrasal verb turn off!)
- took place
2. Then in the comments below, show me how you would use these words in your own sentence. I’ll give you feedback.
See you back here on the blog soon!